About Pafuri Self Catering.
Pafuri Self Catering accommodation is in Limpopo, ancient and mystical in far northern South Africa. The most popular self-catering units are 70 square and have a master bedroom with a queen size bed. The second bedroom has two single beds and an additional single bed can be added to the open-plan lounge, dining room, and functional fully-equipped kitchen.
An appealing stoep/veranda with BBQ facilities extends the lounge. Every unit has a carport and remote control gate (for easy access). The accommodation also offers DStv, a splash pool, a lapa with BBQ facilities and a green garden with hidden corners and benches for relaxation.
All bed linen and towels are supplied, the apartment is cleaned on a daily basis, a same day laundry service is available as well as a car wash. Continental breakfasts and suppers are available on request at additional cost. Limpopo is the northern most province in South Africa, bordering onto Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Botswana.
Limpopo offers a mosaic of superb scenic landscape, a fascinating cultural heritage, an abundance of wildlife species and many nature based tourism opportunities. Limpopo is a land of legends and myths and of ancient civilizations ... Those in search of history will find many places of archaeological significance that yielded relics dating back millions of years.
- Every unit has only ONE off-road/on the premises carport.
- All our units are a NO SMOKING zone, but guests are welcome to smoke anywhere outside.
- We are not licensed to sell alcoholic drinks, thus guests are welcome to bring their own drinks (free ice is available in the lapa freezer).
- We do accept all major Credit- and Debit Cards, Pretorium Trust and Diners Club.
Safety & Security
To Pafuri Security and safety of all our guests, is of the utmost importance. The fence surrounding Pafuri is extremely high to prevent unwanted persons to jump the fence; this makes our guests feel a lot safer. CCTV (cameras) are installed all over the premises to contribute to our security program. At night, Pafuri SC premises is patrolled by a reliable security company. Each unit also has a safe for security reasons.
Around Us are the following attractions
- Polokwane/Gateway International Airport (10 km)
- Polokwane Game Reserve (5 km) & The Ranch Lion Park (30 km)
- Peter Mokaba Sport Complex (NEW) (4 km)
- Sport areas
- 4x4 tracks
- Municipal swimming pool
- Shopping Malls
- Limpopo Mall (Market Str, 4 km)
- Savannah Mall (Thabo Mbeki Str, 4 km)
- Mall of the North (12 km)
- Lion Park @ Protea Ranch Hotel – 25km
- Medi-Clinic (private hospital) – 3 km
- MIDDESTAD CENTRE: With a host of shops, chain stores and fast foods outlets this is a shopper’s shangri-la.
Northern Sotho Open-Air Museum
This museum depicts the traditional and modern-day culture and lifestyle of the Bakone people.
Curious and handmade goods made by local craftspeople can be purchased at this pleasant trading store.
Cheune Crocodile Farm
Croc feeds and frequent talks provide a fascinating counterpoint to the sight of these impressive beasts.
Concentration Camp Cemetry
An idyllic cemetery housing the graves of the victims of nearby Anglo-Boer War concentration camp.
The site of the country’s first gold crushing site and its first gold power plant are marked by monuments.
A charming gazebo built in 1924 in the Civic Square.
Hugh Exton Photographic Museum
Photographer Hugh Exton took 23 000 glass negatives capturing the first 5 years of the town on celluloid.
Polokwane is considered the premier hunting destination in South Africa.
Makapansgat Caves and Limestone Works
A look at ancient human habitation in the area.
All guns confiscated at the end of the Magoeba War in 1893 were melted into a mass of metal. Upon the building of a golf course in 1975, this was found and is now considered a gun memorial.